Friday 4 December 2015

Week 11 Development

Walk Cycle Trial:


I tried to follow the tutorial that was given in 'The Animator's Survival Kit' by Richard Williams.


I used illustrator to position the characters legs in a similar way to each of the frames shown in the image.

I think the effect looked quite weird when put together, so I'll have to improve this.

Development screenshots:

The character appeared to be really pixelated against the background. I think I will correct the PSD image so that the file size is larger and sharper.


I used three different layers here so that I could create depth of field. This will emphasise Trayvon's fear as he will only be focused on the gun pointing at him.

Adding Textures:


Mary suggested that I add textures to settings to make them look more impressive. In the image above I used an old paper texture, however I don't think it looks very good. Instead it just makes the scene look dirty.


Here I used a wall texture which I think works much better as it isn't so obvious.


I experimented with using on of my old images to make it look like it was night time.


 Making Characters blink


I've began making my characters blink so they don't look like such flat images. I don't think the effect looks very good, as you can see the transition between the opacity




No comments:

Post a Comment