Wednesday 9 December 2015

Alternating Storyboard

I decided to reorder some parts of my storyboard.
Following the feedback I'd got from the mid-term assessment and from talking to my tutors I've decided to cut the ending of my sequence, and finish the video after Trayvon gets shot. This would give me more time to work on the rest of my frames. I didn't think my ending was a very solid idea anyway.
Instead I will create a longer introduction. Paul suggested that I should show the young version of Trayvon at the beginning. This would make the audience aware of his character initially and so they will recognise him when he appears again in the second half of the video. I sketched out (roughly) what I'd like this scene to look like below:



I also decided to add a shot of Trayvon and his love interest as they go on a date. This is so it doesn't look random when they appear to be married. I will show Trayvon giving his wife a rose and then the pair will sit down at a restaurant. Shown very roughly below:



Also, I want to alter the image I used in the mid-term assessment of Trayvon graduating so that there is more movement. I will add some more characters to create more of a communal celebratory atmosphere. I decided to change this because thought that Trayvon and the girl looked too isolated in the scene. Sketch below:


No comments:

Post a Comment