Friday 16 October 2015

Ideas Development



Here I drew out a quick sketch of my main character, Trayvon. I drew him in his iconic hoody because in many campaigns and protest, the hoody was shown as a symbol of innocence. People, especially young, black, males are often stigmatised for wearing hoodies, although obviously they have nothing to do with the way a person behaves.

I also tried to plan out the storyline for my animation.

  • In the beginning I could outline the basic story of what happened to Trayvon. This pertains to the brief as I would be showing the "cause" for the event.
  • The middle could show the formation of the Black Lives Matter movement. This would be the "effect" and "human impact" of the event. Visual elements could include iconography of angry protesters. 
  • The ending of the piece could imagine how to move forward in the situation. It could imagine a world where everyone lives in harmony, in a similar way to Martin Luther King's 'I Have A Dream' speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment