Monday 12 October 2015

Theory Workshop 4

All sounds in our piece have to be copyright free or have permission from the owner.

"Rhythm is one of the most powerful aspects of sound, for it works on our bodies at deep levels." Film Art:281


In Peter and the Wolf, classic instruments such as the strings and the bassoon are used to symbolise different characters rather than using vocal dialogue. 


In contrast, The Simpsons has just 11 voice actors to provide the voices for over 100 characters. This stresses the importance of voice in order to convey each character's persona.

I think in my animation I would like for the visuals to follow the beat. However the sound I use will be added after I have created the visuals, therefore I will probably need to tweak it to fit properly.


These are the elements usually included in film and animation:
Music (atmospheric, soundtrack)
Voice (dialogue, voiceover etc)
Sound (noise, sound effects)

In class, my tutor helped me with my project development. She suggested that I focus on framing. Perhaps I should start with main point of narrative, introducing the topic, then break it down and build the narrative back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment