Thursday 26 November 2015

Music Choices

I have taken inspiration from the album To Pimp A Butterfly by rapper Kendrick Lamar. This album is specifically relevant to my topic and Lamar speaks out against racial injustice, even mentioning Trayvon Martin in his song The Blacker the Berry.
I wanted to find a song with a similar beat to the song Complexion (A Zulu Love) as it has a chilled out, old-school hip-hop style that would fit the tone of my narrative.



I found an artist on Youtube who offers copyright free hip hop instrumentals, similar to Kendrick Lamar's style. His name is Yuki Asemota and is known on social media as Chuki HipHop.

https://soundcloud.com/yuki-asemota

For the beginning half of my animation I would like to use a song that's quite uplifting to match the happy memories of Trayvon's life. These are some of my choices:

 This features a pleasant piano rhythm.
  I think this piece might fit the visuals a bit more since it sounds a bit happier and more upbeat.
  I like this of this however I think it's a bit too slow, therefore I would increase the speed if I use it.

For the second half of the piece I want a song that has more of a sombre tone, as I will be displaying the moment when Trayvon is murdered.
 I think that this song is useful in creating a sad tone. I could try decreasing the pitch slightly to create an eerie mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment