Tuesday 3 November 2015

10 Second Animation Sample


For my sample I decided to show the some of the opening of my piece. The beginning of my narrative will be in a montage style of images, using the Ken Burns Effect. This sequence was inspired by the 'Married Life' scene in 'Up' (2009). The scenes will animate part of Trayvon's future life, after he had graduated from University, got married and was about to start a family. The sequence shown in my animation sample shows his graduation photograph, then fades into a wedding photo, which is then revealed to be an image on the wall of his house that he enters.

Inspiration:

For me this is one of the moment memorable scenes of any Disney/Pixar film. I love how it shows the ups and downs of life from the happy times (Carl and Ellie getting married) to the sad (Ellie's miscarriage). In less than three minutes, this scene evokes so much emotion from the audience and really connects the audience to the characters. I would like to do something similar with my piece in order to emphasise the tragedy that occurred.

No comments:

Post a Comment