Wednesday 6 January 2016

Final Touches

For the opening of my video I aimed to create a silhouette landscape as inspired by the style used in the Catch Me If You Can opening. This was meant to be an establishing shot of the skyline in Miami Dade, where Trayvon was from.



I added my own style by using a more realistic colour scheme, and round lines in the clouds in the water. 


I had a lot of layers to work with, more than I usually have. This made it quite hard to edit as After Effects ran a lot slower than usual. 




I wanted to create the effect of a time lapse by showing the changing colour of the sky.





I expiremented with different fonts for my title. My research showed that most films use sans serif fonts. I decided to use Kailasa for subheadings and Gujarati for headings.  


I recorded a voice over for the opening in order to give the audience some context to what the story would be able. I used audition to edit the clip to sound deeper like in Trayvon's voice. I also edited out long pauses to fit with the motions on screen.


Using this present in audition helped to make the vocals sound a lot clearer and without background noise.



No comments:

Post a Comment